Saturday, May 2, 2015

She's ALIVE!!


Day 4: Hello there!

I am slowly returning to the land of the living! I woke up this morning and my headache was gone and I was feeling much, much better. We hit the ground running this morning with blocks and dinosaurs and music and mayhem. It was glorious and I am feeling far more energetic than I did yesterday.

Breakfast: The casserole is still going strong! I’m not even sick of it yet! I love that it’s already made and all I have to do is cut a square and chop up some berries. Time saver for the win!

We went to The Jump-n-Place this morning to celebrate my little man and ALL the self control he used yesterday. It’s hard to be three, people. He is brilliant and passionate and emotional and incredible and that is a lot for a tiny little body to handle. We are very focused on helping him identify his emotions right now, and giving him the tools to deal with how he’s feeling. It’s tedious. It’s monotonous. It’s a CONSTANT. CONVERSATION. But every once in a while he has a day where I can see all the progress he’s making. I can see him check his reactions before they explode and I am just so proud of him. He’s only three. He wants some control over his world. It’s our job to help him understand when he can make his own choices (and how to make good ones) and when it’s just time to be obedient. Obedience is hard. It is always hard, no matter how old you are.

So we spent the morning jumping and running and meeting new friends and he was so incredibly happy. It was a sweet time of celebration.

 


Lunch: By the time I fed Buggie and got Squish down for a snooze, it was getting late and I was so hungry! I threw together some left-over roasted chicken and mashed avocado in lettuce leaves. It was fine but not my favorite. But it nourished and did the job so on we go!

 

Dinner: Tonight I made some delicious sun-dried tomato and spinach burgers! We all loved them. Buggie gobbled his up even though he doesn’t love tomatoes in general. Hubby had his on a bun like a regular hamburger and I had mine over greens with roasted cauliflower and some fruit. It was yummy and there were plenty of left-overs!

 
My picture didn't turn out this pretty (obviously) but it was just as yummy.
 



Day 5: I’m on a roll! (not literally. I can’t have rolls).

I woke up this morning and felt AMAZING! Whoa. My body is really liking this real-food-all-the-time thing. I can’t believe it. Even though Squish was up twice and I didn’t sleep the greatest, I feel really energized and ready for the day!

 Breakfast: Same song, fifth verse. Sorry if you’re bored.

 
Buggie has school on Fridays so Squish and I spent the morning playing and chatting and then he napped while I tidied the house. It was one of those beautiful mornings when your house is full of white light and everything looks soft and clean and happy. I swear I could hear little birdies singing… until Buggie’s school called and said he had fever and we had to come grab him and take him to the doc. We don’t mess with fever around here since he has had several febrile seizures from quick-rising fevers. I always try to stay calm and remind myself that we have been through them before and God has been so faithful to protect him. He will always be faithful, no matter what. He is always good.

His fever turned out to be from a little cold virus, praise the Lord, so we headed home to rest and snuggle on the sofa. I will spend the night watching his monitor closely and making sure to give him Motrin every 5 hours so that his fever is less likely to spike. I always keep vigil when he is sick. And I praise God that we are dealing with a tiny cold and fever and not a serious illness like so many precious little ones face every single day.

 
This time almost exactly a year ago... after a scary ride in an ambulance to the hospital. It was a virus that caused this high fever and seizure. But we were blessed and got to go home the very next day.
Lunch: I cut up a left-over burger from last night and put it on lettuce leaves with half an avocado. It was so filling I couldn’t even finish it all! Very yummy. I was craving something sweet when I was finished so I grabbed a handful of grapes and they totally hit the spot. When you cut out all sugar, it’s amazing how sweet fruit can taste! It actually felt like a treat.

 
Dinner: This was one of my favorite recipes so far! I marinated a pork tenderloin in this marinade:

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
 
I let it marinate for 3 hours and then Hubby grilled it to perfection for us! I threw some pineapple slices on my grill pan and served it with steamed artichokes. DELISH. For the dipping sauce I used vegan butter spread (no dairy and no soy) and squeezed in an entire lemon. It was wonderful!

 


I’m spending this evening doing my meal-planning for next week. I’m already excited about what’s coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment